Waste reduction and recycling position
Powerlink is committed to managing waste in a manner that is efficient, environmentally responsible, cost effective and compliant with Powerlink’s statutory obligations. Powerlink’s primary objectives in relation to waste reduction and recycling are to:
- promote waste avoidance
- promote waste reduction
- optimise resource recovery.
To achieve Powerlink’s waste management objectives and statutory compliance, Powerlink will implement a waste reduction and recycling plan that includes:
- waste reduction and recycling targets for waste generated by Powerlink
- short term actions to improve waste reduction and recycling
- longer term actions for achieving continuous improvement in waste management
- management, monitoring and reporting of performance against targets and implementation of identified actions.
The waste reduction and recycling plan is reviewed annually.