Our team of highly qualified chemists, scientists and professional engineers deliver clear and accurate information and recommendations to enable you to make informed decisions on how best to maintain and operate your transformers and other valuable electrical assets.
Our extensive test history database also provides valuable reference data for your analysis, diagnosis and benchmarking.
Powerlink’s laboratory is NATA and ISO 9001 accredited.
General transformer and insulation tests
- Dissolved gas analysis (DGA)
- Moisture content
- Dielectric breakdown
- Dielectric Dissipation Factor (DDF) and D.C. Resistivity
- Acidity (neutralisation value)
- Interfacial tension (IFT)
- Particle count and profile
- Antioxidant (DBPC, DBDS, etc.) Concentration
- PCB contamination (solids, liquids, surfaces).
- Passivator (Irgamet39, BTA, etc.) Concentration
- Degree of polymerisation of paper (DPV)
- Viscosity, Density, Flash point, and Pour point
- Corrosive sulphur
- Quality of SF6 gas in HV plant and cylinders
- SF6 reprocessing / recycling
- Insulating fluid infrared spectral analysis
- Oil oxidation stability testing
- Carbon typing
- Dissolved metals and ferrography.
Email us for a quote
Looking for transformer oil testing or insulation testing services?
Email your request - detailing the tests or laboratory services you require.
We can provide instructions on sample collection using approved sample containers.
Our customers are located across the Asia-Pacific region, including Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, New Zealand, Fiji and Papua New Guinea.
More information on our oil testing and laboratory services: