As our operations stretch across Queensland, we engage with a diversity of stakeholders when conducting our business. This includes our customers, landholders, environmental and community groups, government agencies and industry bodies.
We are committed to:
- engaging early with stakeholders in the decision-making process
- working with stakeholders to identify engagement preferences
- presenting information in a clear and accessible manner
- providing a clear scope of engagement opportunities
- genuinely considering feedback
- demonstrating how engagement has improved decision making
- educating staff to improve their engagement skills, identifying future opportunities and building a strong internal culture that values engagement.
Queensland household energy survey
Since 2009, Powerlink in conjunction with Ergon Energy and Energex, has run the Queensland Household Energy Survey. Thousands of households across Queensland are surveyed on their energy usage, appliance saturation and energy efficient behaviours. The feedback helps us plan the electricity transmission network and forecast energy usage now and into the future. Your feedback on how you use electricity is important to us.
In 2018, almost 5,000 Queenslanders completed the Household Energy Survey – which is a record response rate for this annual survey. Find out what our customers told us last year in the below insights report.
This panel provides a face-to-face forum for our stakeholders to give their input and feedback about our decision making, processes and methodologies. It also provides us with another avenue to keep our stakeholders better informed about operational and strategic topics of relevance.