Powerlink’s laboratory team includes highly qualified chemists, scientists and professional engineers. Powerlink provides clear and accurate information and recommendations for transformers, reactors and other high voltage plant. Our extensive test history database also provides valuable reference data for your analysis, diagnosis and benchmarking. Powerlink’s laboratory is NATA and ISO 9001 accredited.
Email us for a quote by detailing the tests or laboratory services you require. We can provide instructions on sample collection using approved sample containers. Laboratory services customers are located across the Asia-Pacific region, including Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, New Zealand, Fiji and Papua New Guinea.
General transformer and insulation tests
- Dissolved gas analysis (DGA)
- Moisture content
- Dielectric breakdown
- Dielectric Dissipation Factor (DDF) and D.C. Resistivity
- Acidity (neutralisation value)
- Interfacial tension (IFT)
- Particle count and profile
- Antioxidant (DBPC, DBDS, etc.) Concentration
- PCB contamination (solids, liquids, surfaces).
- Passivator (Irgamet39, BTA, etc.) Concentration
- Degree of polymerisation of paper (DPV)
- Viscosity, Density, Flash point, and Pour point
- Corrosive sulphur
- Quality of SF6 gas in HV plant and cylinders
- Insulating fluid infrared spectral analysis
- Oil oxidation stability testing
- Carbon typing
- Dissolved metals and ferrography.