The common approach to calculate the thermal rating of transmission lines, detailed in the document Transmission Network Service Provider (TNSP) Operational Line Ratings below, ensures all TNSPs in the National Electricity Market (NEM) use the same equations when calculating thermal ratings.
For security reasons, we generally don’t publish or release the details of line ratings for our transmission network. However, we can make the information available to NEM participants or market institutions if it is a necessary part of their activities. This is assessed on a case-by-case basis.
All requests for information on the Ratings of Transmission Elements in Queensland must be in writing, on letterhead and signed, and address the following points as a minimum:
- Identify the bona fide of the requesting organisation
- Outline the reason for the request
- Identify the network elements for which ratings are required
- Include a statement indicating your willingness to sign a non-disclosure agreement
- Include both your email address and office address
Requests must be posted to:
General Manager Network Operations
PO Box 1193
Virginia QLD 4014
If you have any questions please phone Powerlink on (07) 3860 2111.